5 days per week
Head of Operations
As an integral member of the Operations Team the Operations Planner is one of the main points of contact between the Operations Team and our client’s sites. The Operations Planner will maintain day-to-day contact with sites gaining updates on build program through to installation of our design schemes.
The Operations Planner will have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels, ensuring that all key data has been shared with the relevant personnel internally and externally for scheduling. Ownership of a job from sign-off through to client satisfaction – managing problems, queries, from the client or around the business, whilst keeping key stakeholders up to date at all times.
- Ensure that all current signed jobs are on the installation schedule, and all key information is maintained.
- Maintain regular contact with client sites and Design Accounts Managers to achieve accurate dates for installations are managed - gaining key information as per the show home time plan.
- Manage all client communication surrounding schedules, timescales, queries and installations.
- Attend and lead the Operations, Sales and RAG meetings - leading updates on client installations & support.
- A key point of contact for all clients i.e. site and sales, ensuring all queries are processed through to resolution.
- Liaise with relevant sales admin team member to ensure management of extras required/requested by site.
- Ensure that all planning is update to date – including the Warehouse & Installation Schedule.
- Work with the Warehouse Manager & Head of Styling to effectively plan installations capturing their requirements.
- Preparing installation packs for the furniture installers and stylists.
- Work with other Contracts Planner to support each other with volume of work, clients etc.
- Maintaining the filing system for the Operations team and ensuring all jobs are filed accurately.
- Manage courier collections/deliveries where required.
- Working closely within the Operations team, to utilise all resource where support required in the department.
- Ensure that all issues are escalated to Sales Admin Manager’s / Design Account Manager’s where appropriate and necessary.
Knowledge & Experience
It would be advantageous for the applicant to have experience in:
- Customer Service.
- Project Management.
- Construction Industry.
Skills & Behaviour
- Excellent verbal & written communication.
- Ability to communicate across all levels.
- Ability to manage pressure and confrontation.
- Organised and have the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Build strong rapport with client and internal colleagues.
- Pragmatic in decision making – judgement to make decisions and consult where appropriate.
Key Performance Indicators
- The Installation & Warehouse schedule are correct with accurate information at all times.
- Sites are called as frequently as specified on plan.
- Minimal slippage against installation schedule.
- Furniture pack accuracy.
- Site readiness.
- Number of installations right the first time.
- Impact on others within Operations Team and wider business - team feedback.
- Positive client feedback on job completion.
- Design Account Managers are kept up to date at all times where possible
- Design Account Manager’s, Sales Admin Manager’s, Stylists and Install teams are fully aware of requirements & all key information is captured.
- Weekly operational meetings are competently managed
- Installation teams are consulted and fully aware of ongoing with activity and changes.
Back to careers