Goods-In Warehouse Operative
Permanent, Full-time - 5 days per week
Head of Warehouse & Installation
Working as part of our goods in team, you will be resilient, hardworking and flexible. This is a flexible contract with hours to suit each individual including over time if required, however a high degree of flexibility is advantageous.
You will be dealing with high end incoming deliveries from Suppliers, Couriers and Supply Chain Partners of interior design related products including large furniture items that are stored on tall racking.
- Oversea the product life cycle of jobs/stock from receiving through to loading, returns and eBay stock.
- Overall responsibility for accurate product receiving, which includes checking deliveries for accuracy and damage, noting discrepancies where appropriate, storing products.
- Using Warehouse Management System scanners to receive goods against our Purchase Orders.
- Stock file accuracy management, managing and maintaining monthly Management Information to maintain efficiency and goods handling.
- Supporting warehouse space management.
- Working at heights counter-balance forklifts to unload vehicles and put-away product into specified locations.
- Most products are bulky and/or fragile requiring careful adherence to handling and health and safety guidelines to minimise breakage and damage.
- Managing high end quality products with care and attention is essential part of the role given the nature of our industry.
- Overall responsibility for identifying damages or restrictions on site.
- Working closely with the operations team to investigate any product or stock issues.
- Effective processing of product receiving, loading through to installation can be achieved whilst maximising efficiency.
- Identifying process improvements where necessary.
- Supporting other activities within other areas of Warehouse and Installation which will require occasional attendance on-site where necessary.
Attributes and Behaviours
- Team Player is essential in our business.
- General DIY skills.
- Good time management - adherence to warehouse schedule and requirements.
- Flexible, adaptable & reliable.
- Problem solver, good initiative.
- Punctual and organised.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good attitude & hard working.
- Calm & professional under pressure.
- Ability to communicate across all levels and departments.
Training & Education
- IT is central to our process so a very good understanding of computerised warehouse systems and processes is essential.
- Fork Lift license.
- Holder of a CSCS card an advantage, but not essential.
- IT literate.
- Full valid UK driver’s license.
- Performance bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- 28 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Additional 2 days leave to cover those emergency situations.
- Christmas shutdown in addition to holidays.
- Staff discount on a range of products.
- Great working environment.
- Free parking.
- Tea, coffee, fruit and plenty of sweet treats!
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Fantastic new office environment.
- Many social events per year organised by our dedicated Social Task Force.
Back to careers