Furniture Specifier / Space Planner
Permanent, Full-time - 5 days per week
Senior Furniture Specifier
Reporting to the Senior Furniture Specifier, we have an exciting opportunity to work as one of our Furniture Specifiers / Spacial Interior Planners in our forward thinking design department. This role requires a creative individual to work in the show home market, where you will be required to work on a variety of designs in line with each of the clients brief.
Alongside a designer, you will be planning the layouts and sourcing the latest in design led furniture. You will be part of a team that manages the work of turning a customer’s requirements into a reality.
- Working to a design brief to specify, spatially plan and cost furniture.
- Working alongside Designer’s and Account Managers.
- Building strong relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Keeping up to date with furniture suppliers, trends and creative solutions.
- Updating brochures / prices lists etc.
- Creating and maintaining budget / costing sheets using Excel.
- Working with the Operations department where updates on jobs are required, e.g. reselections, bespoke detail etc.
- Maintain job files with any changes from original presentation / design.
- Utilise stock that SBI has in the Warehouse at all times.
- Understand client preferences and designs – keep designs fresh and new.
- Furniture supplier knowledge.
- Experience of working with different furniture suppliers and styles.
- Spatial planning experience.
- Show home design experience.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks / Photoshop desired.
- Evidence of creative / design-led background.
- Relevant design qualification / experience.
- Office IT systems – MACs and PCs.
Attributes and Behaviours
- Attention to detail.
- Creativity and imagination – continually developing, keeping on top of new trends & styles.
- An eye for proportion / colour / balance design, and good 3D awareness.
- Deep listening skills to effectively deliver clients’ needs and articulate these successfully to colleagues.
- An interest in design.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; able to operate both independently as well as part of a team.
- Planned and organised – ability to manage time effectively to work on a number of schemes at the same time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Design Account Manager’s, Operations, and other team members.
- Shares ideas and information.
- Self-motivated – driven to achieve results.
- Naturally positive communicator.
Back to careers