Trainee Design Account Manager
We are looking to grow the future of our account management team, and are therefore looking to develop a driven and motivated sales individual to work with our team of dedicated Design Account Managers.
You will support the drive for sales and profit with new and existing clients, while managing accounts and relationships proactively. This role will be predominately based in Crewe, Cheshire at our fantastic new offices and will involve travel nationwide whilst training in the role, shadowing our existing Design Account Managers.
A field-based, customer centric role, in which the ideal candidate will employ a consultative approach, taking their influencing skills to clients directly.
Regularly meeting with customers, you will be equally as comfortable communicating with them on a one to one basis as you would be delivering presentations to a group of clients. The ability to listen, build rapport and use intuitive approaches to manage professional relationships with our highly regarded key accounts is essential to this role.
- Be the face of the business in the delivery of our service proposition to our clients
- Maximise client yield through the dual delivery of outstanding creativity in our show home design and expert service standards
- Develop, deliver and maintain initiatives in support of client satisfaction; be perceived as a source of added value in support of your clients own sales strategy and activity
- Clearly communicate and problem solve with cross departmental colleagues in the delivery of your show home installations
- Attend off site meetings to be briefed on client needs, present design scheme boards to win competitive tenders and handover finished show home schemes to ensure customer satisfaction delivers ongoing work streams.
- Build new client accounts through the proactive delivery of your business development activities, alongside the company’s marketing campaigns
- Monitor and ensure that your client’s requirements are fulfilled in an efficient and timely fashion within the operation of the company
- Protect the company’s operating profit margins through the positive management of client’s expectations in relation to their budgets
- Demonstrate a clear and immediate knowledge of your commercial priorities and responsibilities to your line manager
- Ability to build strong rapport with existing clients, new customers and internal colleagues is essential in the role to maintain business success
- University degree or the ability to demonstrate a good standard in literacy and numeracy
- Sales project management
- Good understanding of continuous improvement techniques and activities
- Working within a sales and/or customer facing environment would be beneficial
- Previous field based sales activity
- Driving capability and confidence in support of national coverage
- Demonstrate consistent success delivering sales results
- Lead generation and business development
- You will have ideally come from a property development sales, associated construction industry supply (e.g. marketing, PR, kitchenware account management) or interior design sales background.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentational)
- Able to operate self-sufficiently in a principally field based role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Deep listening skills to effectively deliver clients’ needs and articulate these successfully to internal colleagues.
- Organised, a planner; adept at prioritising and able to meet deadlines
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; able to operate both independently as well as contribute as part of a team
- Demonstrate the potential to operate at a tactical level as well as a strategic thinker
- Good computer literacy (specifically Microsoft Excel)
Attributes and Behaviours
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
- Intuitive and emotionally intelligent
- Naturally positive communicator
- Self-reliance operating remotely for extended periods of time
- Shares ideas and information
- Takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- Has credibility with peers and clients
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Self-motivated – driven to achieve results
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Preparedness to commit to a long term opportunity
- An opportunity to train with the best!
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Company Bonus Scheme
- Company Car
- Mobile Phone/Laptop
- Pension Scheme
- 28 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Additional 2 Days leave to cover those emergency situations!
- Christmas Shutdown in addition to holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Many social events per year organised by our dedicated Social Task Force!!