Supply Chain Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an immediately available Supply Chain Manager to join a leading Interior Design company in the operational side of the business based in Crewe.
Reports To: Head of Operations
Full Time: 5 days per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Apollo Park, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6HX
As a Supply Chain Manager you are responsible for the movement of goods, from manufacturers and suppliers to the customer. Building existing and new supplier partnerships and day to day management of an efficient stock management system involving forecasting trends and managing inventories.
- Work with procurement merchandisers and creative buyers to source the right products at the right time
- Negotiate existing and new contracts with suppliers and third-party service providers
- Support and co-ordinate product receiving, preparation, picking/loading and delivery processes alongside other key stakeholders.
- Plan and implement logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Oversee and co-ordinate product storage, handling and distribution
- Use computer software to track goods from origin to delivery
- Work on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analysing performance
- Manage the costs involved while maintaining quality
- Ensure you're aware of exactly what is happening throughout the supply chain
- Close working with a team of supply chain staff, merchandisers and key stakeholders.
- Improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
- Develop new and existing relationships with suppliers
- Manage and minimise the risks (for example operational or reputational) that could affect or interrupt the supply chain
- Develop and produce effective stock management information
- Consider any environmental impact of the supply chain in order to meet sustainability targets and work alongside our client’s sustainability school within the construction industry.
- Implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in the sector.
Role Specific Competencies required
- Relevant Supply chain management/logistics/business information systems Degree/HND or similar qualification would be desirable
- Previous multi-skilled experience in working strategically within an operational supply chain/purchasing management role
- Previous experience of managing stock in a similar creative industry is desirable but not essential
- Significant experience in supplier relationship and negotiation skills
- Experience of using business specific programs
- Experience of working on business process re-engineering projects would be an advantage
- Home/interior product experience would be advantageous but not essential
Skills & Behaviours:
- Minimum of 3 years undertaking a similar role
- Excellent team player, with the ability to engage, support and direct others where necessary, working successfully in our COVID safe, office-based team environment is vital to the success of this role
- Problem solving, strategic and commercial awareness of stock, cost, time and logistics
- Solution focussed individual, involving all key stakeholders to information gather and decision make
- Attention to detail, working in a timely and accurate manner, often under pressure, exercising skill and judgement
- Strong management of priorities
- Confident and effective communicator both face to face and phone
- Flexible, adaptable, reliable and resilient
- Problem solver with good initiative – making well informed decisions as they arise
- Punctual and organised
- Calm & professional under pressure
- Customer Focused, ability to build strong rapport with internal and external colleagues
- Positive attitudes and behaviours are vital to the success of our engagement and working together culture.
In return we offer the following;
- It’s a great time to join our growing business who have recently relocated to a fantastic newly designed warehouse and office premise in Crewe.
- An opportunity to train with the best!
- Gain valuable install, warehouse and logistical operations skills and knowledge to help build strong career foundations
- SBI is a place where our people want to work, where they enjoy and develop in their roles, where we pull together to work as a team, it’s a company we are all proud of.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 28 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown in addition to holidays
- Additional 2 Days leave to cover those emergency situations!
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Many employee engagement activities promoting our working together culture