A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an immediately available Logistics Manager to join a leading Interior Design company in the logistics side of the business based in Crewe within the Operations team.
As a Logistics Manager, you will plan and deliver the appropriate resources to the operations team to ensure product is delivered to the customer on time. Leading the planning, supporting our Install and Styling Managers and third-party subcontractors, to ensure the business meets our client’s requirements as well as meeting operational demands is critical to the success of the role.
We are looking for a strong practical track record and professional skill set, with current strong experience within a planning, logistical, scheduling and resource planning role. Candidates will have the ability to support these functions alongside a team of Operations Planners. This role requires a logistical, problem solving thinker who can positively manage challenges and who is passionate about delivering a high-quality service to our clients.
- Working with the whole business to successfully schedule our work with optimisation, prioritisation, accurate resourcing in line with a robust operational plan of work for the year.
- Working as part of a busy team liaising with Client Relationship Team, Client Sites, Operations, Warehouse, Install and Styling teams to co-ordinate the effective resource, planning, prioritising and scheduling of our work.
- Support Operations Planners with the effective co-ordination and information flow of our Clients site activities, enabling effective internal scheduling to be managed.
- Work with the Installation and Styling Managers to effectively plan and manage the Styling and Installation teams work schedules, capturing all key requirements.
- Prioritise all works to be delivered to the relevant teams and lead planning meetings, proactively identifying and solving problems as they arise in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversee and co-ordinate accommodation for Styling and Install teams, vehicle management, installation costs.
- Identify and lead areas for improvement and efficiency both in terms of scheduling, processes, procedures, systems and internal ways of working. Work with all key stakeholders and process owners to drive improvements in the core planning process.
- Confirm and share with the wider business, the 90 day plan for which deliverability has been agreed, attend and lead installation and scheduling meetings.
- Work collaboratively with all internal resource owners to assist the co-ordination and management of conflict in the plan through cross functional working to determine whether the work can be adjusted to meet the outcome target as and when required and identify opportunities to flex work, escalating any issues to the Operational Planners and/or Head of Operations.
- Assist the re-planning of any work and manage change requests to the plan efficiently ensuring all work is re-planned.
- Ensure all planning decisions are documented in the relevant systems and are communicated with reasoning to all relevant stakeholders.
- Review and sign off demand and risk in a timely manner.
- Ensure all work has been checked for deliverability.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure operational compliance, safety and delivery.
- Work with all key stakeholders to identify, manage and maintain high levels of Client Service and enhance our Aftercare Service activities.
- Working collaboratively as part of a strong team both on site and with operational office-based colleagues are vital to the success of this role.
Role Specific Competencies required
- Previous experience in working in an installation planning role which requires high levels of client service and satisfaction
- Data/Project Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Proven ability with all Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of using Scheduling systems recognised in the industry would be a beneficial but not essential
- Managing data on large and complex business critical databases
- Experience of working on business process re-engineering projects would be an advantage
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK
Skills & Behaviours:
- Excellent team player, with the ability to engage, support and direct others where necessary, working successfully in our COVID safe, office-based team environment is vital to the success of this role
- Attention to detail, working in a timely and accurate manner, often under pressure, exercising skill and judgement
- Strong management of priorities and commercial awareness
- Confident and effective communicator both face to face, written and phone – liaising with all key stakeholders
- Flexible, adaptable, reliable and resilient
- Problem solver with good initiative – making well informed decisions as they arise
- Punctual and organised
- Calm & professional under pressure
- Customer Focused, ability to build strong rapport with internal and external colleagues
- Positive attitudes and behaviours are vital to the success of our engagement and working together culture
In return we offer the following;
- An opportunity to train with the best!
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 28 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown in addition to holidays
- Additional 2 Days leave to cover those emergency situations!
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Many employee engagement activities promoting our working together culture
- Gain valuable install, warehouse and logistical operations skills and knowledge to help build the foundations for a future career
- It’s a great time to join our growing business who have recently relocated to a fantastic newly designed warehouse and office premise in Crewe.
- SBI is a place where our people want to work, where they enjoy and develop in their roles, where we pull together to work as a team, it’s a company we are all proud of.