Reports To: Installation Manager
Full Time: 5 days per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6HX
Reporting to the Installation Manager we are looking to further expand our installation team. Our installers are an integral part of our business working as a team on various sites nationwide, they are the face of our business effectively installing high end products to our client’s show-homes in an efficient and professional manner. We are looking for hard working individuals who can integrate well into our established strong working install and wider business teams. You will be managing everyday challenges on site, with the ability to efficiently handle furniture product through to delivering and installing in show-homes, collection of products and remedial work as required, working and communicating closely with other departments within the business to ensure high standards at all times.
- To identify and face on site issues, identifying a suitable resolution.
- Working collaboratively as part of a strong team is vital to the success of this role, those long journeys and nights away from home as a team require support and respectfulness of each other.
- Good management of time keeping - adherence to schedules and requirements.
- Close liaison with stylists to ensure efficiencies and good understanding of a job.
- Good communicator - face of the business on site, liaising with your Team Leader and Site Manager's regarding install and any problems to be addressed.
- Ensure on-site issues are flagged to Team Leaders.
- Advanced driver awareness, considering safety, positive and responsible driving attitudes and the company’s reputation.
- Warehouse support is a requirement of the role from time to time for example loading preparation for install and furniture assembly activities.
Skills & Behaviours:
- Strong team player
- Experience in using hand tools.
- Strong general DIY/Joinery skills.
- Ability to lift and install large heavy products into high end and often complex spaces
- Good time management - adherence to install schedule and requirements.
- Experience of furniture installations and flat pack furniture/assembly
- Flexible, adaptable & reliable.
- Problem solver, good initiative.
- Punctual and organised.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good attitude & hard working.
- Calm & professional under pressure and confrontation
- Ability to communicate across all levels.
- Problem solver with good initiative
- Customer Focused, ability to build strong rapport with clients and internal colleagues
- Ability to confidently and safely drive long distances and overnight stays away during the week.
Training / Education:
- Holder of a CSCS card an advantage, but not essential
- IT Literate
- Good verbal & written communication.
- Full valid UK driver’s licence
- Competent and experienced to drive 3.5 ton vehicle at long distances.
- Manual handling
In return we offer ;
….. a great time to join our growing business who have recently relocated to a fantastic new warehouse and office premise in Crewe other benefits include;
- An opportunity to train with the best!
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 28 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Additional 2 Days leave to cover those emergency situations!
- Christmas Shutdown in addition to holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Many social events per year
- Gain valuable install, warehouse and logistical operations skills and knowledge to help build the foundations for a future career
- Opportunity to bring interiors to life
- SBI is a place where our people want to work, where they enjoy and develop in their roles, where we pull together to work as a team, it’s a company we are all proud of.