We are always looking to hear from potential new Designers whether you are experienced, junior or at a trainee level to maintain our growing team. Show Business Interiors is the industry leader in providing show home interior design to the UK’s corporate property development sector. We specialise in ‘bringing interiors to life’ by bringing game-changing creativity and a sharp commercial focus to every project. We work hard, fast and smart, helping some of the UK’s biggest house builders keep their sites running smoothly and efficiently.
Focused solely on the specialist area of show home design, we are able to provide the market with the most extensive design studio and largest full time work force on offer nationwide. We aim to set the industry standard in design creativity and service levels to our clients.
We employ over 75 committed, passionate, creative, yet commercially minded people, who have helped build our business into a market leading position within our field. We focus on delivering our service successfully, personally but always with lots of WOW!
We are always keeping an eye out for future talent either now or for the future to grow and develop our highly creative design studio working on the interior design of show homes for many of the UK’s leading developers. We look for flexibility in design style to bring a clients brief to life.
- You will need to be able to accurately interpret a customer’s brief and preferences to create a professionally designed show home.
- To work alongside selected specialists in hard and soft furnishings – look to find the precise balance between outstanding creativity and practical functionality; whilst also considering the commercial goal of the customer is to enhance properties for sale.
- Work closely with and effectively communicate with Sales, Design Account Managers and Sales Administration Managers.
- To manage the budget given by the client.
- To naturally want to seek to new ideas and inspiration.
- Work closely with other colleagues in the design team to explore creative ideas, understanding and sourcing new products, trends, and solutions.
- To oversee final production of presentations of boards to illustrate your created scheme.
- Keeping a clear understanding of the competition and market dynamics.
- Evidence of a creative/design led background.
- Relevant University degree/HND.
- Office IT systems, MACs and PC’s.
- Desirably an understanding of Vector Works (3D Package).
- Desirably an understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop InDesign).
- Window and soft treatments knowledge.
- Creativity and imagination.
- An eye for proportion/colour/balance design.
- The ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others.
- Ability to deal confidentially, sensitively and efficiently with staffing issues
- Good Drawing Skills.
- Deep listening skills to effectively deliver clients’ needs and articulate these successfully to internal colleagues and design ideas.
- An interest in changing trends in design.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; able to operate both independently as well as contribute as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Planned and organised - Ability manage time effectively to work on a number of schemes at same time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Design Account Managers, Operations, and other team members.
Attributes and Behaviours
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with the team.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and ideas.
- Naturally positive communicator.
- Shares ideas and information.
- Takes pride in the achievement of team objectives.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Preparedness to commit to a long term opportunity.