Accounts Payable Assistant
Permanent, Full-time - 5 days per week
Head of Finance
Reporting to Head of Finance, and as an integral member of the Finance Team, the Accounts Payable Assistant will deal with the day to day management of the purchase ledger and help drive the Accounts Payable function forward.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our busy Finance Team consisting of six people. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to make a real difference supporting our growing business and developing their career.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and processing them in Sage
- Processing of employee expenses in a timely manner
- Scanning of documents for storage in electronic document management system
- Liaising with internal and external contacts to resolve invoice queries
- Generate, check and process payment runs
- Making ad-hoc payments and payment of proforma invoices on a daily basis
- Manage aged creditors, payments on account and monitor payment terms
- Reconciling supplier statements to the ledger
- Driving process improvements
- Developing, producing and managing process KPIs for Accounts Payable
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Office
- Sage 50 knowledge preferable
- Experience of working in a finance role
- AAT qualified or student preferable but not essential
- Highly numerate
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills – ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Work independently as well as liaising closely with team
- Work in a confidential manner
- Work under pressure
Attributes and Behaviours
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
- Positive communicator
- Shares ideas and information
- Takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Self-motivated: driven to achieve results
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Preparedness to commit to a long term opportunity
- Inquisitive nature
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme (1st January to 31st December)
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Additional 2 days leave to cover those emergency situations!
- Christmas shutdown in addition to holidays
- Staff discount on a range of products
- Great working environment
- Free parking
- Tea, coffee, fruit and plenty of sweets!
- Many social events per year organised by our dedicated Social Task Force!
- Moving to a fantastic brand new office in Crewe very soon!
Back to careers