Permanent, Full-time - 5 days per week
Head of Design
We have a fantastic opportunity to work as one of our Interior Designers in an exciting design house. This role requires an experienced creative designer to work in the show home market. You will be required to work on a variety of design styles to plan the design of living environments for many major house builders. Working to a brief you will then manage the work of turning a customer’s requirements into a reality. Designing spaces that are practical for their purpose as well as visually pleasing, bringing our designs to life.
- Every great job starts with a spot-on brief. A Designer will really take the time to understand a project: budgets, target audiences, a customer’s perfect scenarios.
- Your role as a designer will be to work alongside selected specialists in hard and soft furnishings – look to find the precise balance between outstanding creativity and practical functionality; whilst also considering the commercial goal of the customer is to enhance properties for sale.
- Accurately interpret a customer’s design brief and preferences to create professionally designed schemes per show home.
- Constantly review briefing plans in line with budgets set per show home.
- Work closely with and effectively communicate with Sales, Design Account Managers and Sales Administration Managers.
- Review images, previous designs, fabrics and patterns booklets to provide inspiration for new schemes
- Work closely with other colleagues in the design team to explore creative ideas, understanding and sourcing new products, trends, and solutions.
- Liaise with furniture teams to present scheme ideas
- To oversee final production of presentations of boards to illustrate created scheme with furniture, to agree with Design Account Managers
- To create versatile looks, and adapt styles to fit a customer’s requirements
- Keeping a clear understanding of the competition and market dynamics
- Relevant University degree/HND.
- Window and soft furnishing treatments knowledge.
- An understanding of Vector Works (3D Package) is desirable.
- An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop in design) is desirable
- An understanding of Office IT Systems, MACs and PCs is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years working as an Interior Designer, ideally within the show home sector.
- Experience of managing project budgets and timelines.
- The ability to manage and delegate to various teams involved in the project.
- Experience of working of different fabric types, suppliers and furniture styles.
- Experience of space planning and scaling.
- Creativity and imagination.
- An eye for proportion/colour/balance design.
- The ability to visualise concepts and explain them to others
- An interest in changing trends in design.
- Energetic, flexible, and able to operate both independently as well as contribute as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail.
- Planned and organised - Ability manage time effectively to work on a number of schemes at same time.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Good drawing skills are desirable.
Attributes and Behaviours
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with the team
- Willing to learn and develop new skills and ideas
- Naturally positive communicator
- Shares ideas and information
- Takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Preparedness to commit to a long term opportunity
Back to careers