Head of Styling
An exciting opportunity to work as a Freelance Interior Stylist, in an interior design service for some of the UK’s biggest house builders, installing show homes nationwide. You will be assisting in the final styling of a show home following its installation, and sourcing & installing interior design styling products, prints & mirrors in line with the client brief for the show home.
- Working with and understanding a design brief and budget.
- Buying of dressing out items to suit the style of the design presentation.
- Installation of show homes, understanding the furniture being installed and planning the dressing out.
- Ordering of dressing out items from suppliers – liaising with the Operations team as necessary.
- Observing Health & Safety regulations when working on clients site, and liaising with site personnel
- Understanding and scouring new products, trends and creative solutions.
- Keeping a clear understanding of the competition and market dynamics.
- Ability to represent the company if required to do a handover following the installation to the client.
- Feedback of site issues if further action is required on behalf of the company.
- Management of scheduled activity to agreed timescales.
Skills & Behaviours
- A good eye for proportion / colour and balance.
- Good commination skills both verbally and written.
- Interior Styling background.
- Flexibility to travel and stay away from home.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Time-management skills.
Key Performance Indicators
- Positive client and sales feedback on jobs.
- Jobs complete in line with brief & budget.
- Impact on others – team feedback.
- Site issues effectively managed and dealt with.
- Site issues effectively communicated back to company to progress.
- Effectiveness against schedule and timescales.
Back to careers